Role: Hardware Support Engineer
We are currently hiring for the position of Hardware Support Engineer. This is an entry level position, and the successful candidate will be part of our Customer Support Team, providing essential support across the entire company.
Daily tasks will include, assisting the customer support team with the Installation, maintenance and fault finding of the Pointy hardware. You will be responsible for the Pointy hardware and configuration of that hardware to suit customer equipment and needs. Also maintain stock levels and spare parts for shipping.
Your primary qualities will be a technically adept person with experience in engineering, electronics and/or software. Good problem solving skills are a must, and also being able to communicate with people who are not technically inclined. You should be ready for a high level of commitment to an intense and challenging company in a fast-moving startup environment.
Pointy is a Dublin-based start-up with substantial backing from top-tier international investors. Our founding team is ex-Google, ex-Oxford, and previously sold a startup to Google. You’ll be joining a stellar team at an early stage. We’re going to have a lot of fun, and we want you to join us.
- Qualification in Engineering, Software and/or Electronics.
- Basic understanding of cellular telecommunication systems.
- Basic understanding of serial and digital communications.
- Good understanding of electrical and electronic principles.
- Comfortable with working as part of a team as well as on one’s own initiative.
- Determination, grit and a hard-working, positive attitude.
- Organisation, attention to detail and an ability to strictly adhere to processes.
- An aptitude for creative problem-solving and reading between the lines.
- Experience dealing with bespoke protocols.
- Experience with POS systems.
- Experience with retail systems and software.
- Previous experience in a small retail or family business.
- Previous entrepreneurial experience or time spent in early stage start-ups.
- Leadership and team management potential.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org