The Business Development Manager’s role is to win new business. This involves both in-person and over-the-phone sales. Being the face of BorrowFox, the Business Development Manager will provide an excellent experience to every customer. You will work closely with the founders to deliver a tailored solution to acquire new revenue streams for BorrowFox.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious start-up with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by facilitating the creative sharing economy not just in the UK and Ireland but worldwide.
To us it seems crazy that filmmakers and creatives most expensive assets such as cameras are rarely used. Our platform facilitates the creative community to safely rent out and monetize their idle assets and we have dozens of users making thousands each month from renting out their equipment through BorrowFox.
This role is varied, on a day-to-day basis you will:
- Provide a WOW experience – offering impartial advice, handling customer expectations, discussing customer queries, overcoming objections, and ultimately closing new business
- Establish a deep understanding of each customer’s requirements and act as a trusted advisor to match the appropriate features of the BorrowFox model to meet those needs
- Develop both supply and demand sides of the platform
- Be stationed at our Dublin HQ, but regularly heading out of the office to meet with new prospects across the UK
- Efficiently deliver new business and negotiate bespoke requirements for clients when required
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Executive, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analysing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed
- Relationship Management
- Business Growth
- Business Development Executive