Our mission is to accelerate the development of Ireland’s startup ecosystem. We support startups & the tech community by providing a space to grow, share knowledge & form connections. We work with corporates on the innovation journey to effectively engage with the startup ecosystem – embedding them in the tech community, driving culture change and helping turn the concept of innovation into reality.
We’re home to over 45 companies and over 300 Members. Alumni include many of Ireland’s fastest growing tech companies including Intercom and Boxever. And through the global Google for Entrepreneurs Partner Network we’re closely connected to thriving startup ecosystems around the world.
We work collaboratively with our partners to help them to meet the innovation challenge in an integrated way by engaging with the startup ecosystem to drive innovation. Our expertise gives the corporate world the opportunity to identify and engage with startups around the globe to help drive disruptive innovation.
Our company is growing fast which means lots of opportunity to build your career. If you have a passion for the potential for startup driven innovation to transform the world’s biggest brands and want to help us create the best tech ecosystem on the planet, this is the role for you.
About the role
The Programme Associate is an important part of the Dogpatch Labs team who will work closely with the Partner and Programme Manager. The main responsibilities are outlined below – in order of priority:
You will support the Partner and Programme Manager in successful implementation of our offering for our Corporate Partners which includes running programmes such as corporate incubators and accelerators in verticals such as FinTech & Utility Tech. You will also be expected to support other functions of the business as required.
Programme Manager Support
You will support a wide range of activities including the recruitment of startups and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the programmes, and engaging with and assisting the startups in any areas of need. Every week will be different — you’ll be meeting founders, working with startup teams, recruiting mentors, organising and running workshops, reviewing business plans and lots more.
Examples of responsibilities: creating meaningful client presentations, preparing schedules and agendas, organizing logistics for mentoring and workshops, setting up weekly calls between startups and Dogpatch Labs, coordinating marketing activities, carrying out market research, helping startup teams with business development, replying to emails and phone calls, project managing ad hoc projects, creating playbooks to streamline actions and decision making.
Marketing & Communications
You will be required to support our content team writing posts based on events/initiatives with partners and suggesting website content for shaping appearance of partnerships.
You will support the Events Manager in executing our events to a global standard. Activities will include providing excellent customer service, logistics e.g. itineraries, budgets, decks, surveys, coordinating with event organizers and staff on event. You will be available to attend evening events on occasion with some ad hoc international travel.
Startup Community Support
You will work with the Startup Community team as required e.g. supporting reception, induction of members etc
Character & Mindset
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, new technologies and accelerating the startup ecosystem
- Hardworking & dependable – you’re dependable and consistent
- Strong team orientation – you embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility, helping to ensure the team is working in a collaborative and positive environment
- Self-motivated, independent and efficient
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities and a strong willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Growth mindset – ambitious person enthused about working in a challenging and dynamic environment with a constant curiosity and a desire to learn new things
- Possess an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Analytical – ask, or learn to ask the right questions
- Dogpatch Labs expects a positive ‘can do’ attitude and lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Organisation – You are a great organizer with a strong ability to multitask and excellent attention to detail. You have strong planning, priority setting and execution skills. You always ensure that deadlines are met and logistics run smoothly. You know how to manage projects effectively and drive people to meet milestones.
- Management – adept at managing multiple expectations of team members and delivering projects through managing members from across multiple teams.
- Communication and presentation skills – Exceptional and persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written. Effective interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate to all types of roles – from CEO level down
- Analytical mindset – strategic thinker with the strong ability to synthesize research and ideas into meaningful and powerful presentations, and dynamic problem solving skills
- Technology – ability to use modern technology platforms (e.g. Slack, Google Docs, Google Slides, Trello etc.) and learn quickly
- 2+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally in the startup or tech world (either working for a startup or running your own)
- You’re extremely bright and capable, and are looking to apply your skills and capabilities in a more agile and fast paced environment
- You have experience with event coordination, planning, administration and logistics
- Salary will be based on experience and what you bring to the role.