Full Stack / Lead Engineer
Rapid change in higher education and the employment landscape means there are more options and opportunities to do what you love than ever! But navigating all those options to choose the right path is getting more complex – causing costly problems for students (and parents!), schools, colleges and employers. Doing what you love is best for everyone!
Stride makes learning and career discovery personal. We use machine learning to understand every student’s aptitudes, interests, motivations, etc and introduce them to opportunities they’ll love through people who are further along that journey!
What’s the opportunity?
Stride is eh, making strides…so we’re looking for another big dreamer to join our tight-knit, ambitious and innovative engineering team. We’re more than just coders – we’re opinionated, creative, learn-in-the-trenches engineers. You’ll have the opportunity to impact on the success of every student trying to find their way in the world – building a solution with global reach. As a founding member of Stride’s engineering team, this is an opportunity to pave your own path!
What will I be doing?
- Positively impact our technical architecture and strategy.
- Work fast to solve complex problems collaboratively.
- Ship code to production when it’s ready, not when some delivery window opens.
- Own your solutions and own the feedback. Great work is always recognised. Failure is celebrated for the positive lessons learned.
- Care deeply about the impact you’re making for our users.
- Obsess about the best user experience and empathise with our user’s journey.
- Take pride in bringing your best to each user.
What skills do I need?
We’re hiring for a range of experience and skill sets. You’ll have:
- Demonstrated ability to write great code. Specific technologies and years of experience are not our primary concern. Your ability to learn fast, code well and passion for your craft are most important.
- Ideally, you’ll have some MVC experience for frontend and/or backend technologies.
Good to expert knowledge of two or more of the following:
- Ruby on Rails (BIG advantage!)
- REACT / AngularJS / Ember
- Postgres / MySQL
- Java for Android
- REACT native / Cordova / Ionic
- Machine learning
- AWS / Azure
Diversity is one of our core values – in terms of what Stride aims to achieve and in terms of how we operate.
- Package (salary / share options) based on level of experience
- Play a key role in a fast-growing start-up supported by the NDRC, Enterprise Ireland, LEO and EU – based in the NDRC (Digital Exchange)
- Flexibility – time, location, dress code, etc!
- Create the future of career discovery…that’s all…
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org