The Partner Associate is an important part of the Dogpatch Labs team who will work closely with the Partner Manager.
Our mission is to accelerate the development of Ireland’s startup ecosystem. We support startups & the tech community by providing a space to grow, share knowledge & form connections. We work with corporates on the innovation journey to effectively engage with the startup ecosystem – embedding them in the tech community, driving culture change and helping turn the concept of innovation into reality.
We’re home to over 45 companies and over 300 Members. Alumni include many of Ireland’s fastest growing tech companies including Intercom and Boxever. And through the global Google for Entrepreneurs Partner Network we’re closely connected to thriving startup ecosystems around the world.
We work collaboratively with our partners to help them to meet the innovation challenge in an integrated way by engaging with the startup ecosystem to drive innovation. Our expertise gives the corporate world the opportunity to identify and engage with startups around the globe to help drive disruptive innovation.
Our company is growing fast which means lots of opportunity to build your career. If you have a passion for the potential for startup driven innovation to transform the world’s biggest brands and want to help us create the best tech ecosystem on the planet, this is the role for you.
About the role
The Partner Associate is an important part of the Dogpatch Labs team who will work closely with the Partner Manager. The main responsibilities are outlined below – in order of priority:
Partner Management Support
- You will support the Partner Manager in successful implementation of our offering for our partners by creating meaningful client presentations, preparing schedules and agendas, replying to emails and phone calls, minuting and assigning actions and project managing ad hoc projects.
Marketing & Communications
- You will be required to support our Content team writing posts based on events/initiatives with partners and suggesting website content for shaping appearance of partnerships.
- Creating templates and playbooks to streamline actions and decision making.
- You will support the Events Manager in executing our events to a global standard. Activities will include providing excellent customer service, logistics e.g. itineraries, budgets, decks, surveys, coordinating with event organizers and staff on event
Startup Community Support
- You will work with the Startup Community team as required e.g. supporting reception, induction of members etc
Character & Mindset
- Are you passionate about product innovation and want to work with some of the world’s biggest brands to craft creative product prototypes & run programmes to improve their innovation culture and methodologies?
- Does playing a key role in supporting teams who are innovating and developing leading edge technology solutions excite you?
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, startups and new technologies
- Analytical – ask, or learn to ask the right questions
- Strong team orientation – Someone who embraces teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility, helping to ensure the team is working in a collaborative and positive environment
- You are self-motivated and independently driven and thrive in chaotic environments
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities and a strong willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Growth mindset – ambitious person enthused about working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Self-driven, independent and efficient
- Constant curiosity and a desire to learn new things
- Possess a “can do”, energetic and positive attitude and a passion and interest in Dogpatch Labs
- A positive, hard-working individual
- Ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador
- Management – adept at managing multiple expectations of team members, and delivering projects through managing members from across multiple teams
- Organisation – You are a great organizer with a strong ability to multitask who always ensures that deadlines are met and processes, operations and logistics run smoothly; You know how to manage projects effectively and drive people to meet milestones
- Communication – Stellar interpersonal and communication skills across all channels
- Analytical mindset – strategic thinker with the strong ability to synthesize research and ideas into meaningful and powerful presentations, and dynamic problem solving skills
- Dealing with senior managers – effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Technology – ability to use modern technology platforms, and learn quickly
- Executive level presentation skills—you should have a persuasive “presence” and ability to effectively communicate to all types of roles – from CEO level down
- You have professional experience in a fast-paced environment, and ideally at least two years of relevant work experience
- You’re extremely bright and capable, and are looking to apply your skills and capabilities in a more agile and fast paced environment
- You have experience with event coordination and planning, administration and logistics
- Experience working in a startup or in tech