Financial Accountant // EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
This role is a great opportunity for an ambitious highly motivated individual. Ideal for someone looking for exposure in the growing Tourism Industry while remaining in a strong finance role. The company is at early growth stage and the role involves executing key primary accounting functions which stem across parent and related companies.
Under the direction of the Group Financial Controller, this individual will have the following primary responsibilities across the EPIC group;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for reporting to senior management on monthly basis.
- Managing the finance team comprising of 2 staff members.
- Overall responsibility for the AP, AR and banking processes.
- Preparing and filing bi-monthly VAT / PAYE returns.
- Assisting with cash flows, budgeting and forecasting.
- Managing inter-company accounts.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- Assisting with legal and commercial documentation.
- Managing year-end audits.
- Engaging with external advisors, legal, tax, accountants, insurers etc..
- Managing ad hoc finance projects.
The successful candidate must:
- Be Qualified ACA/ACCA/CPA, Top 10 trained with an audit background.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and motivated with excellent organisation, multitasking and communication skills.
- High standard of business professional writing is a must.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft office, Google Suite and accounting packages, experience in Accounts IQ is an advantage.
- Interested in Tourism and Innovation is also an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous paid annual leave
- Flexible working environment
- Membership fees paid
- Discounts with food outlets in CHQ
- Annual salary reviews
- Prime location in Dublin City Centre
- Cycle-to-work and Tax Saver scheme
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and to grow your career in one of Ireland’s Top Visitor Attractions
Opportunity for Growth:
The company has a fast paced environment and is in a high growth stage which means that there is room for growth within this role as the company continues to expand. This is an ideal role for a qualified accountant looking to get into Industry and experience a full in-depth role of running a finance team.
Location: IFSC, Dublin 1.
Start date: Immediately