About the Role
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the team to help design and build our platform. The right person for this role is someone who is motivated, has a deep interest in software, is keen to keep learning, and is passionate about building a great product. This person is drawn to the challenges of scaling and building resilient systems. It is expected that the role will be both challenging and rewarding.
Skills & Requirements
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a development role
- Have experience in solving complex technical problems and contributing to design challenges.
- Have delivered production grade quality software.
- Have worked within an Agile delivery environment with experience in delivering to deadlines.
- Have exposure to continuous delivery and test driven development.
- Experience leading the design and delivery of small features an advantage.
As part of the role you will need to be experienced in:
- Building scalable systems in Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Relational databases such as MySQL.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem or similar cloud provider.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible.
- Frameworks such as Akka, Play.
- NodeJS experience.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Languages such as Scala and Python.
- An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies
About SoapBox Labs
At Soapbox Labs we have developed a proprietary cloud based speech technology platform specifically for young kids aged 4-12 that works robustly in real world noise environments and on all mobile devices. We license our API to a wide range of application providers targeting the young kids market globally.
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration package (with stock options)
- Unique opportunity to shape the future of children’s voice technology
- Flexible working environment
- Dublin 8 location in walking distance of Dublin City Center
- The chance to get in at the ground floor of this growth start-up
Please attach your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the role. Applications without cover letter addressing the above requirements will not be reviewed. Unfortunately we cannot offer visa support for this role. No recruiters required at this time thanks.