Company & Role
Pointy is a Dublin-based tech start-up with over 6000 customers in 5 international markets. We are currently looking for our first finance hire to build out our accounting and finance functions. The successful candidate will join a dynamic company in a period of rapid growth. Pointy has recently raised over $18m of investment from top-tier international investors and has a founding team with a previous exit to Google.
Pointy is looking for an individual to help it prepare for the next phase in the company’s development. The ideal candidate will have potential to grow into a senior role over time, but must be willing to build the function from the ground up, and run all processes themselves initially. This will require hands-on execution and operation of day to day finance processes.
Develop finance function for operating and holding company at Pointy, which would include:
- delivering accurate month & quarter-end management accounts for the operating company;
- delivering year end accounts for annual CRO and Revenue reporting compliance together with any international filings that may be required;
- managing team of outsourced accountants and payroll providers who complete bank reconciliations, payroll and VAT returns;
- develop a treasury function for the company;
- support ad-hoc forecasting for revenue / growth modelling; and
- assist leadership team in preparation for board meetings.
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum of three (3) years of PQE experience in financial analysis, accounting or related discipline.
- In-house or industry experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous experience working for a small company or part of small team
- Previous entrepreneurial experience or time spent in early stage start-ups
- Leadership and team management potential
- Aptitude, ability and inclination to apply yourself to any project, finance related or not
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com