Breastfeeding rates are in a state of crisis globally, right at a time when the benefits of breastmilk become more evident with each new research paper published. We at Coroflo are looking to tackle this disconnect through technology: our award-winning breastfeeding monitor, the Coro, is the first of its kind and the only solution to measure milk transfer accurately!
The software components of this technology provide a multitude of new possibilities and challenges, from visualisations on the app, through to data analysis on the back-end. We are looking for the right candidate to define a vision for how the pieces of the puzzle fit together and work for the end user, while being able to build and manage the sub-components at every level.
We will strive to provide a diverse working environment where creativity and inclusion trumps dogma and hierarchy; if you would like to be part of this movement we look forward to talking to you!
We can offer a competitive compensation / equity package depending on the experience of the candidate.
We’re looking for the right candidate to help us define and design the software stack and architecture to support our long term ambitions while meeting any relevant regulatory requirements. This includes app design and deployment, back-end architecture, and promoting and leading new ideas and initiatives.
- Design highly-available web-scale architectures to support our business requirements.
- Oversee all technical aspects of implementations of the organisation’s product offering.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organisation’s technologies and architectures.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory requirements and take ownership of their implementation.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies to the team.
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the strategic business plan.
- Bachelor of Software / Computer / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or similar; Masters / PhD preferred.
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Consistently a top performer who can be counted on to exceed goals on a regular basis.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Strong familiarity and experience with modern development processes such as Agile and Scrum.
- Very deep knowledge and significant experience of full-stack development and integration.
- Experience with modern design patterns such as microservices and distributed architectures.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Architect level knowledge and hands-on experience of backend abstraction levels from bare-metal to MBaaS / FaaS.
- Knows how to organize people and activities into an effective teams.
- Provides direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Knowledgeable about current and possible future technology trends.
- Extensive experience with Public Cloud based offerings ranging from IaaS to SaaS.
- Web Application Frameworks such as Node.js, Django.
- Frontend development in a hybrid framework like Ionic, Angular, React.js; native Android / iOS nice to have.
- Regulatory requirements of Privacy Shield, GDPR; exposure to medical regulatory standards such as HIPAA nice to have.
- Version control: Git, or Git 😉
- G-Suite for documentation, collaboration. (We have no idea either why people put this in a job spec, can you write a document?)