Customer Success Advocate
- Dublin, Ireland
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit and debit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. Square currently operates in 5 markets globally and this role is based in our Dublin office.
Great customer support is provided by both people and products. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing world-class customer service, acting as the voice of Square in a new market and region. This person has demonstrated experience using their proximity to customers to identify high-leverage improvements to the customer experience, working with a range of global teams to implement and iterate.
This person is also ideally motivated by the challenge of helping to build our small, but strong and growing, operation here in these early days for Square in Dublin.
- Effectively solve customer enquiries via phone, email, Facebook, Twitter and chat
- Connect with merchants to discuss their needs and how Square products can help them start, run and grow their business
- Identify, document, and follow up with engineers on product bugs and features, taking ownership of customers’ issues when required
- Analyse trends in customer issues and suggest improvements to processes, policies, and products
- Identify and draft improvements to online help content and internal documentation
- Collaborate with members of other teams to identify answers and be a resource to teammates
- A university bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- English fluency, both spoken and written
- Strong organisational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, with evidence of previous customer service experience and technical ability being highly regarded
- Genuine curiosity about people, technology and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- Ability to customise the support experience to the needs of individual customers
- Coachable mindset, interested in implementing feedback, and dedicated to continuous personal improvement
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- A passion for startups and for simplifying the buying and selling experience
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule
- The ability to work public holidays as needed
- Working-hours flexibility
- Fluency in one or more additional languages besides English, both written and spoken
- At least two years working in a customer-centric, cross-functional role at a technology company
- Experience handling sales enquiries over the phone or email, or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Leadership experience, formal or informal
- Excel and/or SQL knowledge
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.