Full time · Starting as soon as possible · Dublin
At Artomatix, we believe that creating fascinating, immersive 3D worlds is a form of art that should be made available to everyone easily. To reach this goal, we constantly look for ways to leverage Machine learning and Neural networks, helping humans bridge the gap between their lack of time or skill and their sophisticated desires.
Artomatix solves the problem that creating 3D content costs too much and takes too long. It addresses all 3D-related markets: Videogames, Animation, Special effects, VR, AR, Industrial design, etc. It launched its first product focused on texturing at the Game Developers Conference (San Francisco) in March 2016. It leads commercial discussions with many of the top videogames studios, game engines and 3D software providers.
Artomatix recently closed a €2.1m seed round to finance its development over the next 2 years. It reached the finals of TechCrunch Disrupt and Hello Tomorrow (2015), and won NVIDIA’s $100k Early Stage Challenge (2015). Now is the time to join one of Europe’s most exciting startups, referenced in The Guardian, Le Monde & VentureBeat!
Artomatix is developing Computer Graphics software relying on Deep Learning and Computer Vision. Our team comes up with more great ideas than they could ever implement without your help, so as a Developer at Artomatix, you can play two roles, according to your background and preferences:
1. Product Development: To assist the Product Team, you need to be self-driven to deliver consistently high-quality code alone or as part of a team:
- Full-stack engineering: development and maintenance of Artomatix’s desktop applications as well as image-processing backend software, unit and integration testing
- Work effectively with other team members on all aspects of the software creation process including design, implementation, testing and documentation;
- Provide inputs on task prioritization, scheduling and coordination.
2. Research Development: To assist the Research Team, you need to have a passion for new technology and a talent for quickly hacking things together. We are looking for the type of person who’s half programmer and half inventor, who’s not intimidated to try things that might not work, but is thrilled by the opportunity to do something that nobody else has done before:
- Contribute to the success of the company’s research effort: work closely with our researchers to co-define, test and refine our algorithms
- Contribute to the successful implementation of Artomatix’s technology: once the algorithms are validated, turn prototypes into robust and scalable products.
- Passionate about our mission and about the tech we’re building;
- 1-2 years developing software in C-like language within a team or conducting research within a team – references preferred;
- Working knowledge of Git and Linux / Unix;
- Fast learner, being able to think out of the box and highly adaptable in your work;
- Writing clear, elegant and well tested code.
- Experience with Caffe, Torch and / or TensorFlow – i.e. familiarity with neural networks;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, MIS or equivalent;
- Knowledge in computer vision, computer graphics, machine and deep learning;
- Concurrency and manual memory management;
- UI/UX experience a plus;
- Contribution to open-source projects a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of shader programming; CUDA and OpenCL are a huge plus.
Send a short & impactful email summarising your profile, your motivations and what you think you can bring to Artomatix to email@example.com with your CV enclosed.